Shared hosting is a type of web hosting in which the multiple websites are hosted on a single web server. In shared hosting, service provider serves pages for the different website. Most web hosting companies are providing shared web hosting as it is not very much expensive to the users and every user can purchase it without any difficulty. It helps every people as well as businesses to create their own online presence. In this, every website is connected to one web server which is generally connected to the Internet and the cost of this web server is divided among various users of shared hosting.
Shared Hosting Account Management
All shared hosting accounts are installed with the user-friendly Control panel. Inside cPanel everything is there for easy management to the user. They can easily set up the account and get the website up and run within a few time.
Softaculuos is also installed in cPanel which helps in creating the website. Inside Softaculous, we can install popular software like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal etc. We can create multiple websites using the different scripts in Softaculous. Control Panel also includes File Management, Database Management, Domain Administration. We can also create business email inside cPanel.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
Following are the advantages of shared hosting:-
- It is the cheapest web hosting option which the people get in order to make their own website. Usually, the company charges it from INR 100 to INR 200 per month.
- Most hosting companies have different types of hosting available, so we can upgrade our plans easily whenever required.
- Shared hosting usually comes with C-Panel which make it easy to build a website
- There is no need to do technical maintenance of the servers as it can be done by the hosting providers.
Limitation of Shared Hosting
Following are the limitations of shared hosting:-
- Speed is much lower than the dedicated servers as multiple websites are run on the same web server.
- Sometimes the server gets overburdened with too many websites on the same server.
- The site performance gets lowered when there is a huge amount of traffic on the website.
- There is lack of customization options which will decrease the level of performance of the website.